Mrs Huang's Top Reads

This is where I vent and praise the books I've been reading. Some I've loved, laughed and cried at. Others have been deadly dull or poorly written, although I normally don't bother writing about those...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ranger's Apprentice: Book One: The Ruins of Gorlan - John Flanagan


Recommended for ages 8-18.

Ranger's Apprentice is a great fantasy series which follows Will as he learns the craft of being a Ranger and then proves his courage hundreds of times. Book One is full of mysterious creatures and sets the reader up for later books in the series by tempting us with snippets of information about Morgarath (the evil guy).

Although the prologue didn't draw me in at all, after the first chapter I was hooked. I didn't want to put the book down at all because it's so fast-paced and interesting! The characters have wonderful depth, the plot is pretty clear (for the most part) and the protagonist (Will) has so many qualities I could relate to.

Grab a copy of Ranger's Apprentice from your local library if you're a fantasy buff in need of some good reading.

PS> It's not as dark as the cover implies.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home