Mrs Huang's Top Reads

This is where I vent and praise the books I've been reading. Some I've loved, laughed and cried at. Others have been deadly dull or poorly written, although I normally don't bother writing about those...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stormbreaker - Anthony Horowitz


Recommended for ages 8-18.

Stormbreaker is an example of an excellent graphic novel: it has a rocketing plot, its characters hold your attention, and the illustrations merge perfectly with the text to tell the story. Like other graphic novels, it's a fast read, and makes a great intro to graphic novels for readers new to the genre.

The story itself focuses around Alex Rider - a regular kid who is suddenly plunged into the dangerous world of spies and secret agencies. I'm not going to say more, other than this: if you want a fast-paced, action-filled story then this book is for you!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home